Guardians! Time to dust of the Destiny 2 game case (not so easy if it’s digital) and get ready to head back to the Traveler. We have news from Bungie and Activision as we get the latest Destiny 2 Expansion Warmind information for you to enjoy. The expansion will go live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on 8 May, but will you be playing?
While the game overall was a much more complete package this time, it’s nice to see more coming along. But there are some who are less interested in the game this time around. The question is, is there enough in this expansion to bring people back?
Let us know what you think in the comments at the end gamers. Enjoy the details and videos below.
Destiny 2 Expansion Warmind information
Destiny 2 Expansion II: Warmind continues your Guardian’s journey with new activities, new weapons and gear, more endgame content, and an all-new story.
Ana Bray, a Guardian long thought lost, searches for a connection to her past…one that could be hidden forever beneath the polar ice cap of Mars. As Golden Age satellites begin slamming back to ground, glaciers begin to thaw, revealing the core of the Warmind Rasputin – and an ancient Hive army bent on its destruction. Now free, the Hive swarm in service to their god.
All-New Destination to Explore
This expansion takes place on an all new destination, Hellas Basin, set within the frozen landscape of Mars’ pole.
Players will journey across massive glaciers, and through rocky red caverns, and Hive infested caves in search of new weapons and gear, and to test themselves against new threats and challenges.
Warmind features an all new Raid lair, a new Hive faction and brand-new endgame ritual, Escalation Protocol.
All-new Raid Lair: Spire of Stars
- The final Raid Lair for the Leviathan, this Raid Lair is one of the pinnacle activities in Warmind and offers players great reward.
All-new Endgame activity: Escalation Protocol
- Escalation Protocol is a player triggered event where players will fight escalating waves of enemies and slay challenging bosses right alongside their friends.
New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
- Destination themed armor with matching weapons, brand new and reprised exotics, and a powerful key moment relic will round out player arsenals.
- Action, Adventure, and Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive
Play Solo or with Friends
- Story Campaign – Delve into the story of Ana Bray, and Rasputin. Explore Hellas Basin Mars and stop the rise of the Hive army.
Join Friends to Complete Cooperative Experiences
- Strikes – Three-player cooperative matchmade missions in Destiny 2.
- Raid Lair – A brand-new, six-player activity that takes place on the Leviathan. This Raid Lair offers new areas to explore, new encounters, new rewards, and a brand-new boss.
- New Story & Adventures
Warmind adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2. Players delve into the story of Ana Bray and Rasputin.
PlayStation Exclusive Content
At launch, PlayStation gamers will get access to an additional timed exclusive* Strike called The Insight Terminus.
- Zavala needs a team of Guardians to break into a Vex tomb on Nessus that has been overrun by the Cabal. Defeat the powerful Psion commander before he can take over the Vex gateway network and reap the rewards.
- This will also include an earnable timed exclusive* Armor set for each class
*Timed exclusive content until at least Fall 2018.