We are huge fans of Indie Games here on My Games Lounge and there are so many awesome titles on Kickstarter we genuinely get over excited, particularly when you see something as cool as Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander by Massive Damage Inc.
The game is a sci-fi fans dream, its a classic strategy title with a big focus on the story element and character development. Of course the developers have taken a lot of influence from Sci-Fi series such as Star Trek’s and even the awesome Firefly was mentioned in the below video. Personality in the characters and freedom to create your own crew is at the heart of this title we are very impressed by.
At present the game is heading towards 200,000 CAD which is massively over its target of 40,000. If they reach the 200k mark expect this to be more than a PC game and head to the PlayStation 4 too. More details are below for you including the Kickstarter video.
In the midst of a disastrous war, you and your ragtag group of Terran officers discover anancient, derelict space station, and attempt to harness its mysterious power to turn the war’s tides in a grand, desperate campaign to save the human race from extinction.
Halcyon 6 is a passion project inspired by our years years spent playing classic games likeStar Control II, Master of Orion, X-COM, Civilization and of course, rogue-like games likeFTL.
Halcyon 6 will target the PC/Mac/Linux first with other platforms later on. Early Access will be PC/Mac only.
- A vast, merciless, uncaring universe: It’s filled with bloodthirsty fauna, enigmatic aliens and mysterious ancient artifacts, in a setting reminiscent of classic sci-fi games like Star Control II and Master of Orion.
- A motley crew with unique traits and talents: Recruit and train a crew of characters whose idiosyncrasies can mess with your plans, unlock story events, challenge your patience, or delight you with their special combat abilities.
- Hard decisions and tough battles: Deep tactical combat for both fleet and ground combat means you’ll need to use all your strategic thinking and your officers’ special abilities to gain an advantage.
- Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate (sorta!): Inspired by classic strategy mechanics straight out of your favourite 4x games: rebuild your starbase, construct facilities, research tech, explore star systems, mine resources, build ships and fight to survive.
- Emergent storytelling: Tons and tons of storytelling embedded in the game system. Whether you want wacky, lighthearted events or intense life-or-death situations with high stakes, Halcyon 6 is going to have it all!
- Base Building: Spend resources to build station facilities (modules) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory.
- Exploration: Assign your fleets to other locations in the galaxy, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources.
- Crew Management: Assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events.
- Combat: Engage in tactical fleet or ground combat to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
- Story Events: Based on game criteria (station modules constructed, alien diplomacy scores, officer traits/skills, etc.), the game produces story events that lead to combat, bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game scenarios.