Here we go Guardians. We finally see what Bungie and Activision have been working on as we head back into the solar system. Today on their official live-stream the first Destiny 2 gameplay has been revealed showing off some new features of the game. Destiny 2 is launching on the 8th of September 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC (yes PC too) as already revealed.
Now we know what the main features of the game will be as the sequel looks to develop a huge amount of story features (much needed!) plus the social side of the game. Making it all more friendly to both casual and hardcore players, plus more loot of course.
There are a load of new supers, one very nice Captain America style shield smash that looks pretty cool. Plus the game now supports Clans directly and players can use these to play a Raid without their own team. For solo play, going on patrol looks a lot better with new Adventures to take on and Lost Sectors to find, holding treasure defended by a boss to take on.
We also had a list of Things We’d Like to See in Destiny 2 if you want to check those out see if we got them! If you can’t see the above Facebook video, from our really likeable Facebook Page, then see the version below. Don’t forget to Share this with your fellow Guardians on Social Media also gamers.
First Destiny 2 gameplay live-stream details
Destiny 2 is the sequel to the internationally acclaimed Destiny, a first-person action game that takes the player on an epic journey to defend humanity from annihilation. The live broadcast showcased a variety of the activities, opening on a dramatic campaign mission that sets up the premise of the game to answer how you recover when your home is destroyed and your powers are taken away.
Watch the live stream in full here:
The broadcast went on to detail the game’s social and cooperative activities, including the all-new “Guided Games” feature while highlighting multiple brand-new destinations. In September, Destiny 2 will be available on PlayStation 4 systems with additional, timed exclusive* content, and Xbox One. Additionally, Destiny 2 will be available on PC at retail and as the first third-party game to be offered digitally via Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment’s online gaming service.
The broadcast was streamed globally in four languages and emphasised that the game will offer a fresh start to all players with no previous knowledge or background needed. Destiny 2’s story allows the player to enjoy a heroic, cinematic journey, either solo or with friends.
A key announcement during the livestream was about a new feature called, “Guided Games,” that makes it easy for all players to experience the most challenging and rewarding activities the game has to offer. This new feature allows solo players to find and play with other players to enjoy Destiny 2 and earn new in-game rewards like weapons, and armour. Also available for attendees was “Countdown,” an all-new competitive multiplayer mode as well as a three-player cooperative activity on a new map called, “Inverted Spire.”
In the story of Destiny 2, the last safe city on Earth has fallen and lay in ruins, occupied by a powerful new enemy and his elite army, the Red Legion. Every player creates their own character called a “Guardian,” humanity’s chosen protectors. As a Guardian in Destiny 2, players must master new abilities and weapons to reunite the city’s forces, stand together and fight back to reclaim their home.
“Destiny established a blockbuster, new franchise and a massive global community of amazingly passionate fans. And today, we are giving people their first look at the gameplay ofDestiny 2,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision. “Destiny 2has a great story, an iconic new villain, awesome characters you want to go on an epic adventure with, and of course, tons of the amazing gameplay that Destiny is known for. We, along with our partners at Bungie, have listened carefully to our community, and have added thoughtful innovations that make the game, and all of its content, more accessible to more types of players than ever before.”
Bungie CEO, Pete Parsons, said
“This is a defining moment for our studio, and we couldn’t have done it without the continued support of our partners in Activision, Sony and now Blizzard.” He added, “We have an amazing community of players who have been with us on this journey, but with the sequel, the team are paying close attention to welcoming new and returning Guardians to the universe with something for every type of gamer, including gameplay for solo, cooperative and competitive players with new places to explore and adventures to conquer.”
“As Destiny fans, we were excited to learn that the sequel was coming to PC,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re pleased to support Destiny 2 as the first non-Blizzard game on our platform, and we look forward to joining fellow Guardians in their fight against the Red Legion.”
For more game information, visit www.DestinyTheGame.comand follow the official Destiny social channels on Facebook and @DestinyTheGame on Instagram and Twitter. The community can interact directly with the developers at www.Bungie.net,Facebook, @Bungie on Twitter, and www.Twitch.tv/Bungie on Twitch.
Official Features Revealed
Destiny 2 is a first-person action game and the evolution of its award winning, internationally acclaimed predecessor, Destiny. With a compelling, immersive story and fresh beginning awaiting all new, returning, casual, and competitive players, Destiny 2 will deliver an experience for new and existing players to discover.
- Cinematic Story with Relatable Characters
Humanity has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Lord Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee their home. Players will venture out into our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, they must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.
- Four New Stunning Worlds to Explore with New Features
Destinations of Destiny 2
- European Dead Zone – The largest destination yet featuring a lush forest, abandoned town, a cave system below the surface, and a Red Legion military base to explore and contest.
- Titan – One of Saturn’s Moons where Commander Zavala is regrouping at the hands of Ghaul. There is no land on Titan. Instead, players explore a series of Golden Age platforms surrounded by a rolling ocean.
- Nessus – a strange and unstable planetoid that has been fully consumed by the Vex where players will find Cayde-6 is caught up in his own adventures in a stunning landscape of sheer walls, lush canyons, and creepy Vex caverns.
- Io – A moon of Jupiter, where Ikora Rey has gone in search of answers. Io is the last known site the Traveler visited during the Golden Age, it’s now occupied by our enemies.
All New Director
- Your guide throughout Destiny 2 in your search for Adventures, Lost Sectors, new Public Events, and more. Players can pick a landing zone, explore, and seamlessly jump into other activities in game.
- Shorter missions with self-contained stories for players to learn more about the Destiny 2 universe and the characters that live there.
- Scattered, enemy dungeon layers throughout the world you can discover with unique boss enemies guarding treasure to earn.
- Unique, optional, dynamic combat activities that players can join on the fly as they roam around the world solo or with up to nine other players.
- Action, Adventure, and Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive
Play Solo or with Friends
- Story Campaign – Narrative of Destiny 2’s cinematic story where players can also explore in Adventures, Patrols, Lost Sectors, Quests, and Public Events.
Join Friends to Complete Cooperative Experiences
- Strikes – Three-player missions in Destiny 2.
- The Raid – Six-player missions with incredible challenges and rewards.
Face-off Against Opponents in Competitive Experiences
- The Crucible: Competitive 4v4 PvP Gameplay with New Modes and Maps
- Countdown is a new competitive mode where players spawn on either Offence or Defence, and when the round ends you swap sides and roles. The goal is to plant a bomb at the enemy base, and then defend it until it explodes. Each round is worth one point. First team to six wins. To revive a teammate, you must use a revive token. Power weapon ammo is only granted to the one player who pulls it. Working as a team is the key to victory.
- Midtown is an abandoned part of the City. When the Red Legion invaded, they completely ignored this sector of the City in their takeover. The Legion deemed Midtown was of no tactical importance. Lord Shaxx agrees, which is why it was chosen as a Crucible arena in the first place.
Clan Creation Feature
- New integrated system that allows friends to bring their community and unique culture to the forefront of Destiny. Clans have been fully integrated into the game and will provide official banners, invitations, and their own rewards and experience systems for all members.
- A new feature that brings solo players and clan communities together to play Destiny 2’s most challenging activities including Raids, Trials and Nightfall Strikes.
- Destiny 2 is Coming to PC Through Battle.net
The PC version will feature:
- 4k Resolution Support (3820×2160)
- Uncapped framerate
- Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping
- Text chat
- Adjustable Field of View
- Detailed PC settings screen
- 21:9 monitor support
- PlayStation Exclusive Content
At launch, PlayStation gamers will get access to additional timed exclusive content. More will be revealed throughout the summer.
Collector’s edition image
Check out the contents of the Collectors Edition of Destiny 2, click the image below to see a larger version.
Check out the contents of the Limited Edition of Destiny 2, click the image below to see a larger version.
For more game information, visit www.DestinyTheGame.com and follow the officialDestiny social channels at www.facebook.com/DestinyTheGame and @DestinyTheGame on Instagram and Twitter. The community can interact directly with the developers at www.Bungie.net, www.facebook.com/Bungie, @Bungie on Twitter, and www.Twitch.tv/Bungie on Twitch.