We are almost there Guardians! Bungie and Activision have revealed when we can get our hands on Destiny 2 with the latest trailer and information drop. They’ve brought us the final Destiny 2 Beta details for this July with the game launching on the 6th of September 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC as already revealed. The Destiny 2 beta details are below from Bungie, including times and dates.
“In just over two week’s time players globally can play the Destiny 2 console open beta on July 21st at 6pm BST through to 5am BST on July 23rd. The Destiny 2 beta will feature a variety of activities including the opening story mission, Homecoming, and cooperative and competitive modes.
Pre-order early access to the beta on PlayStation 4 begins July 18th whilst for Xbox One players, early access begins July 19th.”
Sounds good right?! Well, what we want to know is: what will YOU be playing first in the Destiny 2 Beta? Tell us in the comments!
We also have some details on Destiny 2’s features below and her did a list of Things We’d Like to See in Destiny 2 if you want to check those out. Don’t forget to Share this with your fellow Guardians on Social Media before you go.
Here is the video if the MGL header is not available to you.
Official Features Of Destiny 2
Destiny 2 is a first-person action game and the evolution of its award winning, internationally acclaimed predecessor, Destiny. With a compelling, immersive story and fresh beginning awaiting all new, returning, casual, and competitive players, Destiny 2 will deliver an experience for new and existing players to discover.
Cinematic Story with Relatable Characters
Humanity has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Lord Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee their home. Players will venture out into our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, they must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.
Four New Stunning Worlds to Explore with New Features
Destinations of Destiny 2
- European Dead Zone – The largest destination yet featuring a lush forest, abandoned town, a cave system below the surface, and a Red Legion military base to explore and contest.
- Titan – One of Saturn’s Moons where Commander Zavala is regrouping at the hands of Ghaul. There is no land on Titan. Instead, players explore a series of Golden Age platforms surrounded by a rolling ocean.
- Nessus – a strange and unstable planetoid that has been fully consumed by the Vex where players will find Cayde-6 is caught up in his own adventures in a stunning landscape of sheer walls, lush canyons, and creepy Vex caverns.
- Io – A moon of Jupiter, where Ikora Rey has gone in search of answers. Io is the last known site the Traveler visited during the Golden Age, it’s now occupied by our enemies.
All New Director
- Your guide throughout Destiny 2 in your search for Adventures, Lost Sectors, new Public Events, and more. Players can pick a landing zone, explore, and seamlessly jump into other activities in game.
- Shorter missions with self-contained stories for players to learn more about the Destiny 2 universe and the characters that live there.
- Scattered, enemy dungeon layers throughout the world you can discover with unique boss enemies guarding treasure to earn.
- Unique, optional, dynamic combat activities that players can join on the fly as they roam around the world solo or with up to nine other players.
- Action, Adventure, and Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive
Play Solo or with Friends
- Story Campaign – Narrative of Destiny 2’s cinematic story where players can also explore in Adventures, Patrols, Lost Sectors, Quests, and Public Events.
Join Friends to Complete Cooperative Experiences
- Strikes – Three-player missions in Destiny 2.
- The Raid – Six-player missions with incredible challenges and rewards.
Face-off Against Opponents in Competitive Experiences
- The Crucible: Competitive 4v4 PvP Gameplay with New Modes and Maps
- Countdown is a new competitive mode where players spawn on either Offence or Defence, and when the round ends you swap sides and roles. The goal is to plant a bomb at the enemy base, and then defend it until it explodes. Each round is worth one point. First team to six wins. To revive a teammate, you must use a revive token. Power weapon ammo is only granted to the one player who pulls it. Working as a team is the key to victory.
- Midtown is an abandoned part of the City. When the Red Legion invaded, they completely ignored this sector of the City in their takeover. The Legion deemed Midtown was of no tactical importance. Lord Shaxx agrees, which is why it was chosen as a Crucible arena in the first place.
Clan Creation Feature
- New integrated system that allows friends to bring their community and unique culture to the forefront of Destiny. Clans have been fully integrated into the game and will provide official banners, invitations, and their own rewards and experience systems for all members.
- A new feature that brings solo players and clan communities together to play Destiny 2’s most challenging activities including Raids, Trials and Nightfall Strikes.
- Destiny 2 is Coming to PC Through Battle.net
The PC version will feature:
- 4k Resolution Support (3820×2160)
- Uncapped framerate
- Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping
- Text chat
- Adjustable Field of View
- Detailed PC settings screen
- 21:9 monitor support
- PlayStation Exclusive Content
At launch, PlayStation gamers will get access to additional timed exclusive content. More will be revealed throughout the summer.
Collector’s edition image
Check out the contents of the Collectors Edition of Destiny 2, click the image below to see a larger version.
Check out the contents of the Limited Edition of Destiny 2, click the image below to see a larger version.
For more game information, visit www.DestinyTheGame.com and follow the officialDestiny social channels at www.facebook.com/DestinyTheGame and @DestinyTheGame on Instagram and Twitter. The community can interact directly with the developers at www.Bungie.net, www.facebook.com/Bungie, @Bungie on Twitter, and www.Twitch.tv/Bungie on Twitch.